What’s Happening at Roger’s Gardens?
• Garden Designs for Beauty and Health with Douglas Kent will take place Saturday, July 23 at 9 a.m. Certain gardens just have magic: they seem to calm your heart with peace and stimulate your brain with anticipation. Douglas Kent will present nine design elements that can be mixed and utilized to create landscapes that are uniquely suited for our sense of beauty and personal health. These design elements are universal and can be used with any motif. The author of numerous books, Kent has more than 30 years of design and horticultural experience, is a college professor and has worked in landscapes across California.
• Shady Cottage Gardens with Cristin Fusano on Saturday, July 30 at 9 a.m. Learn about the world of shady woodland plants with leaves of lime green, plum, silver and even peach. Well-known local garden designer and horticulturist Cristin Fusano will teach you about showy shade perennials that flower and sparkle in low light gardens.
• Exotic favorites in stock now: Exotic Hibiscus, Collector’s Plumeria and Anthuriums.
Roger’s Gardens is located at 2301 San Joaquin Hills Road, Corona del Mar. Call 949.640.5800 and visit www.rogersgardens.com.
What’s Happening at Laguna Nursery?
• Come celebrate summer in the midst of magical gardens and art at Laguna Nursery! Food, Wine, Music and Fun combine during “Garden Cabaret,” taking place July 29 from 6-10 p.m. Saif Eddin & Friends will be performing.
• Most Saturdays, join award-winning landscape designer Ruben Flores during the Laguna Beach Walking Tours, with carpools leaving promptly from Laguna Nursery at 10 a.m. This is an exclusive opportunity to view private and public gardens and explore the charming neighborhoods of Laguna Beach.
• Looking for some great water-wise plants? Check out these: Rock Rose, Succulents, Ceanothus, Matilija Poppy, Rosemary, Lavendar, Agave and Toyon.
Laguna Nursery, located at 1370 S. Coast Highway, is open daily. Call 949.494.5200 or visit www.lagunanursery.net.