What’s Happening at Roger’s Gardens?
• Shady Cottage Gardens with Cristin Fusano on Saturday, July 30 at 9 a.m. Learn about the world of shady woodland plants with leaves of lime green, plum, silver and even peach. Well-known local garden designer and horticulturist Cristin Fusano will teach you about showy shade perennials that flower and sparkle in low light gardens.
• My Edible Garden in August on Saturday, Aug. 6 at 9 a.m. This month’s discussion led by Steve Hampson will cover, but will not be limited to, care of warm season vegetables, vegetables for re-planting, and preparations for cool season tomatoes and other vegetables. Bring your questions as well as your own tips and tricks as audience participation is encouraged.
• Exotic favorites in stock now: Exotic Hibiscus, Collector’s Plumeria and Anthuriums.
Roger’s Gardens is located at 2301 San Joaquin Hills Road, Corona del Mar. Call 949.640.5800 and visit www.rogersgardens.com.
What’s Happening at Laguna Nursery?
• Come celebrate summer in the midst of magical gardens and art at Laguna Nursery! Food, Wine, Music and Fun combine during “Garden Cabaret,” taking place July 29 from 6-10 p.m. Saif Eddin & Friends will be performing.
• Most Saturdays, join award-winning landscape designer Ruben Flores during the Laguna Beach Walking Tours, with carpools leaving promptly from Laguna Nursery at 10 a.m. This is an exclusive opportunity to view private and public gardens and explore the charming neighborhoods of Laguna Beach.
• Looking for some great water-wise plants? Check out these: Rock Rose, Succulents, Ceanothus, Matilija Poppy, Rosemary, Lavendar, Agave and Toyon.
Laguna Nursery, located at 1370 S. Coast Highway, is open daily. Call 949.494.5200 or visit www.lagunanursery.net.
The TLB (Transition Laguna Beach) Food Group will be selling organic locally grown seedlings at the Laguna Farmer’s Market this Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. They’re located at the Laguna Local Lane on the north part of the market in the Lumberyard Parking Lot.