Ten Ways to Make Outdoor Entertaining Spectacular
- Refresh outdoor furniture with colorful cushions. Even if you don’t want to replace what you have, just add a few scatter cushions for some pop of color.
- A new colorful umbrella can make a big difference.
- Replant and/or freshen up pots and beds. Think about using vegetables and herbs, they will bring joy and satisfaction to your yard and table.
- Lanterns in the yard are wonderful! Hang them as sconces on walls and fences or in trees. Spray paint them in fun colors to go with your cushions.
- Outdoor lights strung in trees. They also look great on porticos or on the undersides of umbrellas (with battery packs).
- There are fabulous outdoor rugs, which are mold resistant and waterproof that can define spaces under dining tables or sets of chairs.
- A water feature with a nice sound brings peace and a feeling of being away from home. Buy a large pot. Tj Maxx often has great ones for around $50. Just fill up the hole with waterproof glue and place a water feature pump from Home Depot inside on top of a rock to adjust as you need it.
- Candelabras bring warmth and romance to your outdoor spaces. There are so many beautiful choices that are very affordable. Ikea has some great finds.
- Dress your table! Use real linen or cotton napkins, dishes and silverware. Painting dropcloths cost about $10 and they make fabulous tablecloths!! Ikea has linen tea towels that can function as napkins. Cut greenery from your yard for natural centerpieces.
- Enjoy summer and your outdoor spaces as much as possible!! Why not host a breakfast rather than a lunch or dinner?
Information provided by Lorna Cluttey and Kathi Ramming of Leopards and Lilies. They are two Newport Beach moms who specialize in helping clients decorate their homes on a budget. Reach Kathi at 949.500.9907 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org